Friday 7 October 2011

Testing photo editing software; Photoshop

It was inevitable that I would have to test photoshop for my images as that is the predominant piece of editing software that I would be using. Again, having not taken the pictures that I will be using for my digipack I used an image of the main band member (Sam) as I have not done any picture testing on pictures of people yet.
Firstly I decided to see what different effects on a picture could look like.

Original

Fresco

Glowing Edges

Ink Spatter

Mezzotint

Neon Glow - Red

Photocopy

Poster Edges

Stamp

Wind

I also decided to test the hue/saturation, brightness/highlights and contrast to see how that could enhance/effect an image. 

Invert

Blue colour balance

Posterize

Brightness/Contrast

Full Saturation






Hue


By experimenting with these images it had made me get a basic understanding of what works well and what doesn't when it comes to editing pictures. As I want a variety of different images in my digipack using photoshop will be important. I will need to experiment with different images when I have taken the pictures needed for my digipack as some pictures will look different to others when the same effect is used on them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment