Tuesday 11 October 2011

Mock Adverts

As I didn’t want to go straight into making a final idea for my magazine advert I experimented with different ways in which I could go about making it.



My first idea shown here incorporates the brown paper for the background, which represents the link to the album. It also uses the same pattern which is used for the album so that the audience can recognise what the advert is advertising without even having to read. Obviously the writing does aid this as well although I tried to keep it to a minimal. I used the band name, album name, release date, ratings and preorder details. I feel this is keeping the required information to a minimum to allow for a simple look yet also says enough about the product to sell the item to its target audience. By using ratings it gives the album a reliable basis for which more sales can be made as it isn’t a risk buying the album as it has already been listened to and rated. The high ratings attract more customers.  I think this idea works well however if I was to pursue it it would need moving around and changing a bit as I think I could make it yet more minimal. 


This second idea I think looks less effective than my first as although it carries certain aspects of the theme from my digipak, such as the font, brown paper and pattern, it doesn’t look completely representative as the jigsaw pieces are not relevant to anything. Although they look pleasing in some ways it is more important I feel to have a consistency through my digipak and magazine advert so I feel this idea is flawed in that respect. However, I do like the minimal simplistic approach I have created again.


My final idea I feel is my best. It is as simple as I think it will get. I used the cover from the digipak and two edits of it in a row to create a horizontal strip. I then outlined these images with a thin lining of lined paper (linking to my digipak) so it stood out from the brown paper background. I used the complete minimum of text and left out both the band and album names (as they are on the cover images) and only added text specifying the release date and that it could be preordered. I feel this is the best idea because its simplicity makes it look professional and believable for my band.

Although I am aware of which I feel is most successful I will ask other members in the target audience to get a definite decision that the third advert is the one that I should pursue. 




No comments:

Post a Comment