Sunday 23 October 2011

Stop Start Practice Ideas

Originally, for our stop start sections, we thought we were going to draw the background, take photos, print the photos, cut the photos, glue the photos onto the background and then take a picture of the final image and upload this to the computer. However, to do this about 100 times for 0.5 second frames seems a bit unnecessarily time consuming. Therefore I came up with another way which we could complete the frames (still time consuming, but hopefully less so). This is to still draw the background but then to scan the image into the computer and then Photoshop the photos of the characters on top. This would save time, paper, ink, glue etc etc. It would also mean the background images should line up as taking photos of the final image would cause a bit of a hassle getting it exactly at the same angle and scale for about 100 times.

I decided to practice this theory I should complete a quick trial. Here are some screen grabs:

First I scanned the hand drawn background onto the computer and opened it in Photoshop.

I then opened the photo of the character (in this case Sam) I wanted to have in the scene.

I then moved the image onto the background.

Then using the 'magic wand' tool I deleted the actual background to the photo.

As this tool isn't full proof I used the 'eraser' tool to get rid of remaining bits.

I then rotated the image.

I then moved and scaled the image onto the background. 

I did this process nine times and moved the image across varying backgrounds so that it would create the illusion of Sam walking if they were all played together. I then uploaded the images onto Movie Maker and set 0.5 seconds for each frame (as this is how long they will last in our actual video) and added backing music (not the music we will use in our video). Here is the final result: 



Obviously this video isn't perfect as it was just a quick practice but it gives the general idea of how to create the frames. If we do decide to go with this idea we would spend much more time and effort to perfect it.

No comments:

Post a Comment