Tuesday 4 October 2011

CD cover inspiration; refined research - Ellie Goulding

I decided to look at Ellie Gouldings Lights/Bright Lights/ Your Song album covers. Although her music isn't specificially the music style we are doing I feel I can still get inspiration from it. I like the predominant image of Ellie on the front of all of  these album covers, I think it'll be important to have the whole band on the front of the album cover or nobody on the album cover. Visually I like the 'lights' as it relates to the album cover and suits the colour schemes as all of the albums have a warm feel to them.
The different angles of Ellie are also something to consider, I like the first image however it would be impractical to use as none of the band members have long hair so it wouldn't look effective.
These covers have inspired me to use the light spots on my album cover/digipack.



No comments:

Post a Comment