Friday 7 October 2011

CD Case; front cover inspiration

From the analysis of the three album covers that I completed I have taken two main things away from it that I want to include on my own CD cover, and therefore the general theme for the rest of my digipak. These two things are that I want it an illustration over a photo as I think it is more creative and also is reminiscent of what other artists in the same genre sometimes do and the other thing is that I want it to be a pattern- this is because I think it is quite an original idea and is a bit different.

To further this idea I drew a pattern, similar to the one I took my inspiration from and then scanned it into the computer and using Photoshop edited it to get different effects so I could analysis and choose which suited best.

                      Original Scan of pattern                              Enhanced through contrast
                         
                       Background Colour Changed                       Black & White

                      Background colour changed                        Inverted

                            Inkwell effect                                      Background colour changed

These are the results I got. The ones I like best are the 'Inkwell effect' and the 'black & white' ones. However, I think the original image could be improved by using colour so I intend to add to it and then redo this to see which alternative ideas I can get. Overall though I am happy with this drawing pattern idea and I think it will work well and should look effective as a case for my CD but also as a running theme for my digipak.

No comments:

Post a Comment