Sunday 9 October 2011

Further Work Towards Digipak


After asking for feedback from my last post (experimenting with ideas for the front cover of the digipak) everyone, with no exception, said this one was the most successful and appealing. I only asked about seven people but the 100% record it produced left me with no doubt this was the idea I should pursue. 
Obviously it still needs work and I have alternative ideas for the background; one of which includes scanning in brown paper instead for a more creative and textural feel. 

However, I am confident that my font choice is successful. I have no immediate intention to change it as I feel it is clean, simple and professional. I also think the pattern in the middle is successful as I feel I have the ratio right in that I have not exposed too much or too little of the pattern. Again, the pattern I think works well as it is reminiscent of the styling for this genre- it has a sort of 'vintage/indie' feel. 

Now I have decided upon the idea that I feel will work best I can continue work on the rest of the digipak and it is now obvious the theme the pack will take as it will be running theme/ colour scheme throughout. 

1 comment:

  1. great work lydia. i like the way this idea has developed and the thought and care you have put into it. well done.

    ReplyDelete