Friday 7 October 2011

Further testing ; Layering on photoshop

I have decided to experiment with layering on photoshop. After watching the official 'Plage- Crystal fighters' original video, I realised it has a moving cloud video on top of it which plays throughout, it isn't immediatley noticable but it leaves a nice effect/ finish to the video. I have decided I want a lot of variety in my digipack so I think that it is best that I experiment with layering images on photoshop.
I have decided to use this photo that was taken of me last year for my friend's media coursework as it a similar camera angle to the one I want to use for my cover.

Firstly I chose to layer the picture with the background image of our blog

I really like the effect this has had on the picture, it reminds me almost of Tine Tempah's album cover called Disc-Overy. However I mustn't deviate from my chosen genre, with the right font and editing im sure I will keep to the indie/alternative genre.

I then decided to layer the same picture with several other images.


I then decided to layer the image on top of its self.


I think that combining the layering of a single image and they layering of a different image on top would be a very effective way to create an album cover/part of my digipack.







No comments:

Post a Comment