Friday 14 October 2011

Digipack first draft

This is my first attempt at my digipack. I am not completely happy with at as I don't think it all completely matches and it looks a bit disjointed.
The front cover and back cover match but the other panels dont follow suit which is something I will need to improve when finishing my final version. The idea of the discs was from the Beta Band's album, I initially planned on doing a booklet but I was unsure on how many pages to do so I  sticked to doing the standard 6 panel digipack. I will make a decision on whether I want to do a booklet when I have taken my images, as I don't want to make a booklet of not very strong images when I could do a 6 panel digipack with better images.
The font on the front/back cover is just a test also, as I wanted something that looked more similar to the 'House of Holland' font on his t-shirts
However I have not found a font that is exactly like that so for my first draft I have stuck with georgia, I will experiment with fonts later on to see which best suits the style of my album cover.
Another problem when creating my final copy will be the images that I will use, as I won't be able to use the  starry background for my text as that is not my image, this will be the same with the images on the back of the digipack.
I like the handwriting font that I used as I think it fits the genre and gives the digipack a handmade feel but it also looks professional.
I also am aware that I have put the top row of images on the wrong way round.

No comments:

Post a Comment