Friday 7 October 2011

CD Case; further ideas

As I discussed in my previous post I think it would be good to add colour to my drawing so I went ahead with the idea. I then scanned in the image again and edited it using Photoshop until I got effective results with the desired outcome. Here are some of the best: 

                      Higher contrast                                          Original Scan

                      Lower contrast                                         Inkwell

                      Noise distorted                                         Speckles distort

                      Black & white                                           Paint Daubs

                      Neon edges                                              Two layered

I think all of these have worked really effectively and it has made the choice for which I want to be the background for the front cover of the digipak quite hard. However I have narrowed down the ones I will experiment with to: Inkwell, Neon edges and two layered. I also will consider noise distorted as the effect is really creative and abstract however it has completely changed my drawing and so the idea for a pattern would not be taken forward if I used this one.

I am pleased with all of these however as they do take into account the things I said I wanted: colourful (I have chosen in opposed to black, white and one other colour), a drawing (I have chosen instead of a photograph) and also the use of pattern. I think this pattern is really fitting for the 'indie/alternative' genre of the music and so should be successful in that it is a believable CD cover for the band.

No comments:

Post a Comment