Monday 10 October 2011

Magazine Advert Analysis Two


For my second magazine advert analysis I chose to get an advert from a copy of NME (8th October 2011 edition) which I purchased to gain inspiration. This was instead of getting one off the internet again. What I noticed when looking through the magazine was that straight forward magazine adverts were limited, in fact there were non. They were all adverts promoting tours rather so than just the album. Therefore I thought it would be effective to analysis a tour date advert which not only promotes the album (through same photo/font/colours of the album case) but also promotes their tour. This gives more to analysis and is a more accurate idea of what magazine adverts are like and also implies to me that as well as the normal advert we are required to complete I should also perhaps consider creating an assisting tour date advert also. The band 'The Vaccines' advert that I chose to analysis is because of the similar nature of their band to our created band 'Cheap Kicks' meaning anything I gain from it could be applied to how I go about creating my advert as the conventions are similar so it would be believable and effective to do so. 

No comments:

Post a Comment