Thursday 6 October 2011

Testing photo editing software; Instagram

I thought it would be best to experiment with different photo editing/enhancing software to make sure the photo quality of my digipack looked the best it possibly could. Instagram is one of my chosen softwares to use for editing the images on my digipack and album cover. Instagram is an app for iPhones/iPod touches that allows you to put effects on photo's that you have taken on your device. There are 16 effects to chose from, all of which enhance your photos in different ways. Having not taken any of the photos for my digipack I decided to use a photo I have taken previously of an empty starbucks cup. I chose this photo because it is well lit and will show the different effects.


Original


#1 Amaro

#2 Rise

#3 Hudson

#4 X-Pro II


#5 Lomo-fi

#6 Earlybird

#7 Sutro

#8 Toaster

#9 Brannan

#10 Inkwell

#11 Walden

#12 Hefe

#13 Valencia

#14 Nashville

#15 1977

#16 Kelvin


By using this app it has made me realise how much of a difference a small alteration in the colour of an image can look. Despite all of these colourings looking different next to one another I must remember that they might not contrast as much on their own, however I think they are a nice effect and will suit my digipack.

No comments:

Post a Comment