Tuesday 4 October 2011

Further Inspiration on Album Cover

I like this idea of using a cartoon/drawing instead of a photograph as I think it is more original and you can play around with it a bit more. I also like the idea of the burst of colour as it is bright and eye catching.

However this cover is from a different stage in time and also is a different genre so if I was to take any factors/conventions from it then it would need to be made relevant.

Examples of album artwork from the genre 'alternative/indie', from which our song 'Plage' fits, include:
This demonstrates my idea of being more colourful and not just using straight forward photography. The most relavant as this is where our chosen song was taken from.
This again demonstrates the illustration possibilty rather than photography and also the use of black and white and one other colour idea.

This uses bright colours which again echoes this possibilty.

Sort of replicates the use of black and white with another colour injected however is more leniant as obviously the image is a colour one. It does however try to minimilise the colour use and the overall effect is pretty similar.

This gives an old vintage feel which is something I have, up to now, not considered. However this style links in with the styling of the band which would seem like a good idea as it allows the whole thing to work together making it seem more believeable and relatable.

As these covers are more genre relavant they are probably the better ones to take ideas from as they will be the most topical to our music therefore potentially the most effective and successful. Something I do notice as a common theme throughout these covers is the lack of photography of the actual band members and so I think it is vital I carry this idea through; not only to be genre specific but also as it will work well with the ideas I have produced so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment