Wednesday 2 November 2011

Improving Digipak

Taking into consideration the comments I received I changed my digipak to look like this:


I decided to continue the theme from the front panels to the inside panels as I got positive feedback on these. I added credits to give the customer that 'extra info' they seek when purchasing a digipak and also changed the quote to one from the band. I made this quote up but made it powerful as it shows that the band has come from no where and has worked hard to get their debut album etc. I also made the information writing on the back cover smaller as well as the bar code and record company. This made it look more professional. I also removed the white outer from the bar code to help it fit in with the theme/ colour scheme. I then added foot prints to the remaining panel as it loosely linked with 'Cheap Kicks' as you kick with your feet. But then when asking for feedback peers described it as 'a step to far' so I slightly changed this to complete what should be my final digipak. Shown here: 


Here I removed the footprints and replaced it with a simple motif that is cut out from the original pattern. I also added it to the quote panel to keep it as a running theme and removed who the quote was said by as it makes it look more simplistic and it's clear it came from the band or a band member. I will be asking for further feedback however this should be pretty much, or exactly the same, as my final digipak will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment