Wednesday 9 November 2011

Digipack Feedback

After receiving my feedback I decided that drastic changes needed to be made to my digipack, due to getting extremely low grades that I wasn't personally satisfied with.

My Feedback for my digipack was;
  • Colourscheme is dull
  • Large text is good - handwritten text is weaker
  • Layout needs more care, which is why the handwritten element doesnt work - sort out layout and it should be fine
  • Back cover is stronger
  • Add recording companies label and barcode
  • Circular images are a nice touch - handwritten motif looks better here
  • Need to have credits somewhere (songwriters producers studio engineer etc)
I acheived 5/10 for my digipack

Feedback for my advert;
  • Text at bottom of advert is far too big
  • layout is messy
  • Cheap Kicks should be larger
  • Pre-Order + release date should be moved
  • Images need attention
  • Lay out if off centre - could make it 1/3 of page - right in the middle
  • A clearer link to cd cover might help (apart from the handwritten element)
  • add record company logo
I acheived 2/10 for my advert

Obviously these marks aren't as good as I could have possible acheived so I decided to completely redo my digipack as it wasn't good enough. I decided to take inspiration from the Vampire Weekend - Contra album.

No comments:

Post a Comment