Tuesday 1 November 2011

Draft Feedback

Digipak

The feedback I received for my digipak was pretty expected as I agreed with most of the improvements I am required to make for a better mark. I got a 6/10 and hopefully with improvements can aspire to a 10/10. Things I need to consider for my final draft are:

  • My front & back covers are strong and can remained almost untouched (except making barcode/copyright info/record logo smaller)
  • The use of a quote was interesting however irrelevant to the genre of music so change it to one from the band itself.
  • The inside panels didn't work. Everything was too big and the lyrics weren't adding anything. 
  • Add credits to producers/recorders/songs/writers/studio etc as this is often a convention you find in digipaks or in a CD booklet where extra info is available.
  • The colour scheme works well and should be kept.

Magazine Advert

The feedback that I received for my magazine was slightly more unexpected in that the advert I created that I most preferred was the weakest and the alternating ones I made (which I favoured less) were stronger. However I did receive a 7/10 which I was happy about for a first draft. Therefore I might try to create two adverts (both taking into account the comments I was given) so that people can decide which one they prefer and I will submit this as the stronger advert. Things to consider for this are: 
  • Keep the colour scheme as it works
  • Add more information e.g. record company logo/website etc
  • Make additional info I already have smaller as it is less important and only for viewers who want to find out more that it applies to 
  • Take a further look at existing magazine adverts to make sure the conventions I take ahead are realistic and applicable. 
I will post my drafts leading up to my final digipak and advert soon to show the progress I am making.

No comments:

Post a Comment