Friday 9 December 2011

How did you use media technologies in the construction and research,planning and evaluation stages?

The most fundamental technology used during the entire process of creating and evaluating our video would be blogger. This is the website we used to present all of our work, right from research and planning to when we finish our evaluations. It has proved extremely useful as it is easy to use and me and Lydia can clearly see who has done what post and what needs to be done. My personal opinion is that it is simple yet effective to use when creating a portfolio of the process of our work.
To present our mood board of ideas we used animoto. Having previously used it for my magazine pitch in AS I knew how to make it look effective using minimal words. My personal opinion on animoto is that it makes the images and music look 'slick'.
Another technology we used was scribd. This was very helpful when drafting work and making it readable without looking boring. When presenting work I think that presentation is extremely important.
To communicate with each other we used our iPhones, we used iMessage to communicate when arranging times to film and to contact the band. We also used Skype to send images and links to videos of what inspired us. The main technology we used for our ancillary was photoshop. This allowed us to edit images and create our digipacks to the best of our ability. When creating our video we used adobe premier elements which was the most frustrating piece of technology to use with. It took about four times as long to produce anything as the programme refused to load or froze and crashed thus saving none of our work. This was extremely frustrating as this wasn't our fault.
To take images for my ancillary text I used a sony lumix camera. It is a very high mega-pixel camera so it allowed me to take high quality images for my advert and digipack
I have yet to finalise my decisions on how to present my final evaluations.


I will elaborate this further for my final evaluation.

No comments:

Post a Comment